The Terms and Conditions set out an agreement between ‘you’ the owner and Scruffs.
Terms and Conditions – General
- All clients will be deemed to have accepted Scruffs’ terms and conditions (as laid out here) on a signature of the contract.
- Scruffs will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client and the contract, with full details of client requirements, has been signed by the client.
- Full payment for services (agreed either at the time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice (for dog walking clients) via cash, cheque or bank transfer. If payment is not made within this time 2.5% of the total bill will be added for each day that payment is overdue.
- The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, tags, collars etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Scruffs, these will be purchased and added to the bill.
- If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment charges will be applied for each trip.
- The client must provide Scruffs with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Scruffs reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
- The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Scruffs.
- Scruffs must be alerted to any behavioural problems with their pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
- Although Scruffs holds Public Liability insurance, wherever possible pets should be insured by the client. Scruffs reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
- Scruffs will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Scruffs cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
Terms and Conditions – Dog Walking
- Cancellations – for cancellations of walks for a period of 1 week or more one month’s notice is required. For cancellations of 1 or 2 days walks a weeks notice is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
- All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
- All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
- Scruffs reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker.
- All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Scruffs and a disclaimer form has been signed.
- The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (ie, heat, thunderstorms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
- If dogs require a quick towelling off after walks towels must be provided and left by the front door.
Terms and Conditions – Home Boarding
- To secure your booking we require a 50% non-refundable deposit. Should the dog’s stay be cancelled less than 10 days prior to admission, full payment will be due.
- Scruffs takes great pride in the care of any animal in their charge, however, they cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to any animal whilst in their care.
- All dogs are to have up to date inoculations (including kennel cough), be de-fleed and wormed prior to admittance.
Terms and Conditions – Grooming
- Dogs will only be accepted for grooming after the Owner (or another responsible person) has filled in and signed a client form.
- Matted Dogs: In the event of any dog needing a shave down/clip down, the owner should be aware that irritation may occur from the shaving process, as well as uncovering nicks, cuts or other potential problems.
- The owner agrees that Scruffs will not be held liable for any after-grooming effects of matt clipping procedures or problems “uncovered” by clipping off a badly matted, neglected coat. This could include, but is not limited to the following: itchiness, skin redness, irritations or abrasions however caused, post groom furunculosis, pyoderma – superficial or deep and/or pyotraumatic dermatitis.
- No dog will be subjected to stress or discomfort and all dogs will be groomed in accordance with The Animal Welfare Act 2007.
- We photograph and/or video every case of neglect brought into the salon for grooming and we also save a sample of fur. We reserve the right to use these items as we deem appropriate.
- Dangerous Dogs: The owner (or another responsible person) agrees to inform Scruffs prior to grooming if the dog has bitten or has aggressive tendencies.
- Scruffs reserves the right to muzzle your dog or ask you to muzzle your own dog or to refuse to groom it if it represents a danger to us or other dogs in the salon. Unless this has been discussed and agreed beforehand we reserve the right to turn your dog away without grooming it – however, the full starting price for your groom will still be charged because at that point we cannot fill your appointment.
- Normal Condition: It is assumed that you will bring your dog into the salon in Normal Condition. That is; that you groom your dog at home (right down to the skin) regularly between appointments, and that you will present your dog at the salon in an unmated and dry state. Any condition other than “Normal” will most probably take us longer to deal with and will, therefore, incur additional charges.
- Cancelling your appointment: When you make an appointment with Scruffs, you are obliged to pay for it as we will turn other customers away under the assumption that you are coming. We are a busy salon and can generally fill your slot – given 2-3 working days notice but you cannot cancel your 9 am, Monday morning appointment on Sunday evening and expect to dodge the fee!
- Wee Wee’s Please! Please ensure your dog has had an adequate chance to relieve itself before you come to the salon.
- If your dog defecates or urinates during the grooming process and requires a second bath you will be charged appropriately.
- Please bag up your dog’s mess and put it in the bin if your dog has an accident outside our home.
- If you are unsure which tools and/or products to use to groom your dog with between appointments please ask, we’re happy to help and advise you.
Terms and Conditions – Bathing your own dog
- When using our facilities to bathe your dog yourself, this may be unsupervised and you do so at your own risk.
- Scruffs will not be held responsible or accept liability in the event of any accidents as a result of using our facilities.
- Misuse of our equipment resulting in damage, may incur a cost to you (the owner) and is at the discretion of Scruffs.
- You (the owner) agree to use all equipment responsibly and agree to pay for any deliberate damages due to misuse.